Thank you to Leicestershire fire service who led sessions for pupils in years one and five this week. The children were taught important messages about keeping safe and the important role of the fire service.
The year one pupils learnt about:
- Good and bad fires
- Don’t play with matches
- Stop, drop and roll
- Crawling low in smoke
- ‘Frances the Firefly’ cartoon
- Road safety (booster seats and safety near roads)
Year five’s session focused on:
- Escape plans, smoke alarms
- Causes of fire
- 999 calls / hoax calls
- Storyboard – deliberate fire setting
- DVD excerpt: Bedroom Fire
- Road safety: in-car and pedestrian
A big thank you to Leicestershire Fire and Rescue for their continued work with the children at our school.